- Started life in a two-person tent surrounded by Plantation Ruins in the flats of Coral Bay, St. John. It was these environs where Shaun Brian’s love for cooking began, by roaming and foraging through the valley, fishing off his dad’s boat and cooking for sometimes up to eight siblings at a time.
- These challenges are the source of his inspiration to his innovative culinary awakening.
- As a graduate of Johnson & Wales, his culinary career led him to be named Top 30 under 30 by Zagat, nominated for a Rising Star by StarChefs and invited to cook in the James Beard House with Chef Richard Beichner. He host annual Friends of James Beard Benefits and has been acknowledged for outstanding contributions to JBF programs and scholarships. Brian is Co-founder of the West Indian Chefs Alliance and VP. More recently he has been named Senior Chef on the U. S. Virgin Islands Culinary Team (HTA).
- Chef has worked at many famed location including the Ritz-Carlton in St.Thomas, Cruz Bay Prime in St. John and Historical Harbor View Hotel in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. Along the way working under Chef’s like Andrew Chadwick apprentice to Michel Bras & John Ash, Levon Wallace of Cochon Butcher in Tennessee by Donald Link, Michael “The Rev” Sullivan master butcher liaison to cochon555 and master salumi maker Francois Vecchio.
- Recently returning to his island home, you will find him gathering salt from the local salt pond, foraging wild herbs, spear fishing in the crystal clear waters or gardening on the roof tops of his newest venture. At Ocean362 Shaun Brian harmoniously brings together the island’s back to nature philosophy with the science of modern gastronomy. He sources the freshest produce, meats, and fish from local farms and fishermen and prepares his food to highlight unique, local flavors.