Digby Stridiron Balter
Executive Chef/ Owner
- St. Croix native Digby Stridiron was lured into the culinary world when his passion for food was recognized at an early age. Upon graduation he enlisted in the U.S. Air Force. Digby returned to island of St. Croix and worked a various resorts and private restaurants which helped him reconnect with his first love...Food.
- He went on to study at Johnson and Wales for baking and pastry and at Le Cordon Bleu with a concentration in Culinary Arts. Chef Digby's passion would send him back to his hometown, the island of St. Croix, where he accepted the position of Chef de Cuisine at the The Shores. While at The Shores, While on his culinary journey, Chef Digby gained a reputation for creating elegant upscale events for such high profile clients as Vivica Fox, R&B singer Mario, NFL star Kerry Rhodes and many others. In 2011 while on the road with recording artists Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj, Chef Digby felt it was time to rediscover the essence of Digby through food once again. He decided the award winning restaurant Norman's in Orlando, Florida was the place to do so. It was in Florida where Chef Digby and The Stridiron Group would take off and Digby's vision of "Farm-to-Table" events would come to fruition.
- In 2012 Digby moved on to work at Chef Brandon Glamery's highly acclaimed restaurant Luma on the Park. In 2013 Chef Digby officially launched The Stridiron Group. Chef Digby was selected as the featured chef at Crucian Heritage and Nature Tourism's (CHANT) "Crucian Fusion - Traditional Gone Gourmet" event on the island of St. Croix.
- Digby is inspired by the rhythm of nature. His gastronomic creations are driven by his farm-to-table philosophy. Chef Digby continues to innovate and promote this philosophy by using the freshest ingredients available while educating his clients about the link between farmers, farm communities, community-supported agriculture and the food they eat. In early 2014, Chef Digby was named the Virgin Islands Person of the Month as well as CTO's 2014-2015 Caribbean Chef of the year. He was later in that year awarded the roll as "Culinary Ambassador of the US Virgin Islands."
- Chef Digby is currently opening up balter in downtown Christiansted, St. Croix.