- Chef Juan Peña began his studies at the Instituto de Banca y Comercio in Puerto Rico, where he learned the basic concept of cooking.
- In the meantime, he was working at different restaurant kitchens until he began his internship at the Ritz-Carlton San Juan Hotel. Soon after he was hired by the hotel as a cook and that’s when his passion for French cuisine began since the chefs at the property were French. With enthusiasm and determination he absorbed and learned the best from each of the chefs.
- Chef Peña took job opportunities in different places to continue developing his knowledge in the industry. Later he decided to move to Old San Juan, where he was hired as Executive Chef at Trois Cent Onze restaurant, which specializes in French cuisine.
- After 11 years, Chef Peña decided to take on a new culinary challenge and became Chef de Cuisine at Fern restaurant, a Jean Georges Vongerichten restaurant located at the St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort only 5 Diamond Hotel in Puerto Rico.
- Today, Chef Peña with over 18 years of experience in the culinary arts field continues acquiring new skills, with his most recent training at Daniel’s restaurant in New York City, owned by renowned chef Daniel Boulu.
- In addition, Chef Peña was a professor of culinary arts at the IVAEM College in Caguas, Puerto Rico.
- Among Chef Peña’s accomplishments include Hall of Famer of the Chef Hats Awards by Tables magazine, he was selected in various occasions in the Buen Comer contest of El Nuevo Dia newspaper and was voted one of the Top 10 Nobel Chefs of Puerto Rico by El Vocero newspaper.